Monday swims – Week 3

As I have become “very experienced” in getting ready to go for swims, I started the day with ease. As Muffin has been having sticky eyes I thought of taking her to the surgery. The phone was engaged unusually. And when I got the line, again to my surprise all the three branches of our surgery were fully booked for the day including emergency clinics. I decided to take her tomorrow (Tuesday).

Cooked cauliflower and rice with cheese sprinkled on it for Muffin. As she has not been eating well these days and as it will be one hour early for her because of the time change that she may not want to eat lunch when fed early, I thought I must cook and pack an omelette as well, which I did. I also packed her favourite mixed fruit puree. I packed her swim suit as well, although I wasn’t sure whether I will be taking her for a swim today. I packed my bag too. I was ready little earlier than I was supposed to leave. Then I thought of bunking the swim and phoned the surgery to find out if there were any cancellations which they could offer me for today. nope. no luck. then I decided to go ahead with the swim.

I took the route I normally take to the sports centre.  I was taking right at one of the mini roundabouts. I entered the roundabout, was on the roundabout and almost going to come off the roundabout. I felt a bang and it was coming from my left.  I was hit by a car from my left. I stopped the car. calmly put the hand brake on. hazard lights on. came off gear and switched the car off. got off the car and checked Muffin. She was alright. Then went around and checked and the car was badly hit. Promptly a police man arrived at the scene and asked us the clear the roundabout first. That’s when I noticed that my car was leaking and may not be drive-able. it was the radiator leaking, so we decided to move the car. The front side wheel was pressing against the crushed body, still I managed to move the car to the sports centre car park which is very near to the scene anyway. The other guy and the police man followed me as agreed. we exchanged information. It took a while to do that as the other guy had to wait for his company person to arrive at the scene. We agreed that my car is not drive-able anymore and the other guy offered me lift back home after I finish at the sports centre.

I left muffin at the creche and asked the staffs to keep an eye on her. I went and told my instructor that I was not feeling particularly enthusiastic about swimming today, but she encouraged me to get into the water. Changed clothes and got into the pool. My instructor arranged one of the sports centre staffs to come and take details of my car to notify the parking warden that the car will be in the parking for a while, so that I don’t get ticket as well today. Very nice staff member informed me about her duty times and other staff detail who will be taking over after her so that I get help.  I didn’t do any swimming. I took the advantage of relaxing pool water and relaxed a bit to get breath.

Left the pool before others. got changed. Picked up muffin from the creche. She hadn’t eaten any, including her favourite fruit puree, I was informed. I went to the counter to book creche for the next week. There is no creche for my swim time next week as it is holiday time. But booked swim and creche for Wednesday to catch up with my swim. Went to the cafe. No clean high chairs were available. So, I fed Muffin sitting in her pram. She didn’t eat rice. She loved the omelette. She finished her fruit puree. I got my food warmed up. Started eating and started talking to the recovery service and insurance people. It took a while to get those things organised.  I had to wait for another one hour before the recovery truck arrived. Muffin started sleeping in her pram. I called up the lady at the local children centre to let her know that I could not make it to the appointment I had previously arranged with her today. She kindly offered to do it tomorrow (Tuesday). I thanked her and waited for the recovery.

The recovery came and dropped us at home, and told me that he was going to take our car to their garage. I requested him to take the car seat and pram from the car and bring them to my house. He kindly did that for me.

I started feeling pain in my neck. I called Balan and asked him to get us takeaway. Made myself a cuppa, took a deep breath and tried to take it all in.


8 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. ra
    Mar 31, 2009 @ 17:59:31

    Oh dear, hope you are feeling better-have you seen the doctor about the pain in your neck? If not, please do.


  2. Premalatha
    Mar 31, 2009 @ 19:31:01

    Ra, Have been to the doctor today. She has prescribed me pain killers.


  3. WA
    Mar 31, 2009 @ 21:53:50

    Hey well done on dealing with the situation calmly, hope you feel better soon. Glad the lil one is ok x


  4. Ra
    Apr 02, 2009 @ 09:56:46

    you sure it isn’t whiplash?


  5. Premalatha
    Apr 02, 2009 @ 12:23:39

    It is whiplash. But they start with painkillers. I have to go see the doctor again.


  6. Premalatha
    Apr 02, 2009 @ 12:26:08

    Thanks WA. We are doing fine.


  7. B o o.
    Apr 03, 2009 @ 19:20:22

    Scary! Glad you and A are ok.


  8. Premalatha
    Apr 06, 2009 @ 19:22:08

    Thanks Boo. roundabout accidents are much less scarier than the ones on the motorways. As the car was not moving fast, things were manageable and less scary.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: